Teachers Gift Ideas – What to Choose and Which Items to Avoid?
May 8, 2020
Teachers always appreciate the gifts their students bring for them. The value of the gift is out of the question because they feel it is the thought that counts. However, when you give someone a gift makes sure to take a little effort. Gifts are given to those who have a special place in your heart. Teachers are also amongst them as they nurture a student’s career and life.
As a parent, you must show some appreciation for the teachers who supported your child in their school life. Your kid may spend their time with a couple of main teachers, but don’t forget the playground assistant, librarian, janitor, or lunch helper.
If you desire to thank your kid’s teacher then choose an item from personalised teachers gifts category on giftedfromtheheart.com. Teachers adore all the gifts but some items are so generic and don’t need, so avoid choosing them.
Teachers gift items to avoid
- Coffee mug – It is a common gift teacher. Just imagine if a teacher receives 3 mugs every year than in 5 years there will be no space in the cupboard for more.
- Scented lotion – Never choose a scented lotion because you are not aware of what brand your child’s teacher prefers.
- Candles – Choosing the right candle is ideal, but you don’t know if you will opt for the right one.
- Bath gel – Again, it is all about the fragrance.
- Home décor – Avoid buying home décor like frames or plaques unless you visit the teacher’s home regularly and are familiar with her style.
- Baked goods – Baked treats are adored but you need to be aware of her allergies and diet restrictions. It is a lot of gamble!
- Clutter – tiny trinkets. Picture frames and figurines even though chosen thoughtfully clutter her home quickly, even though they have a special spot in the teacher’s heart.
- Say no to stuffed animals
Teacher’s gifts that will be adored
- Potted plants – Great for teachers, who adore green plants.
- Monogrammed gifts – Notepads or pencils with the teacher monogram will be adored.
- Fruit basket – Choose fruits that will stay long before getting refrigerated. The fruits will reach the refrigerator when the teacher goes home until then it will be sitting on her desk at school.
- Candy – if you are aware of her preference then buy her candies.
- Books for the class – Teachers adore getting new storybooks for their class. Your child’s favorite storybook can be bought but make sure the class does not already have. Make your kid sign the cover of multiple books.
- Gift cards – Teachers adore supply store or book shop gift cards. Generally, they spend hundreds on their classroom every year on supplies.
- Student-made gifts – Thoughtful notes or gifts made by the students get treasured.
- Volunteer – Parents can help their kid’s teachers in many ways like help during the art class, help in correction, make copies, organize bookshelves, classroom cleaning, etc.
- Recess activities – If your kids spend break time playing games, you can choose a new game like sentence building dominoes or bingo sight words. It helps them learn as well as laugh together.
Choose something useful and the teachers will always feel inspired!